WELCOME to the Council on Firefighter Training (COFT) Homepage. Here you can find resources for the Volunteer Firefighter Tax Credit and Firefighter Recognition Programs, read about past & present activities, and learn about COFT’s legislated responsibilities and council members.
If you would, please pass this along to our
Volunteer Brothers and Sisters.
During the tornado outbreak we have experienced in Oklahoma this week, the possibility that some volunteer firefighter's property was lost or damaged. The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) cuurrently has a program in place designed to assist volunteer firefighters who experience personal property loss during a declared disaster...
NVFC Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund
Every day, volunteer firefighters and emergency personnel put their lives on the line to protect their communities, but what happens when the tragedy strikes home? Many first responders are impacted each year by disasters such as hurricanes, flooding, tornadoes, and others. These men and women dedicate themselves to serving their communities. When their homes and families are affected by tragedy, they rely on the community to give back. You can assist in helping these first responders in need by contributing to the National Volunteer Fire Council’s (NVFC) Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund.
The NVFC Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund provides a stipend of $250 to volunteer first responders whose homes have been impacted by a state- or federally-declared disaster. The stipend helps these firefighters and emergency personnel meet their basic needs in the aftermath of the disaster. Recipients who are not already NVFC members also receive a complimentary one-year Individual Membership into the NVFC.
If the link above doesn't take you to the page, here is the url. Just copy and paste it into your address bar of your browser.
Please watch THE TRAINING EVENTS LINK FOR UPDATES WITH INFORMATION ON FIRE SCHOOLS.
REGISTER TODAY FOR THE 32ND ANNUAL FSIO CONFERENCE!!!
- Identify firefighter training needs and set training goals for the State of Oklahoma
- Interact with the Department of Homeland Security on firefighter training and grants
- Administer and maintain incentive and recognition programs for Oklahoma firefighters
- Ensuring that the state has consistent basic and continuing education programs that include steps for all ranks or positions of career and volunteer firefighters, by setting minimum standards for career, recommended levels for volunteer, identifying training programs and courses required for fire service members to achieve those levels.
- Advise the Governor, Speaker of the House, President Pro Tempore, and the Oklahoma Fire Service on fire and emergency service training needs for the state.
If you would like to learn more about COFT’s history and responsibilities, please click the "About Us" link on the left.
News & Updates
Mid States Fire Conference formerly known as Arkansas Fire Conference August 1 & 2nd 2013. Follow this link for information and registration. http://www.columbiasouthern.edu/About-CSU/CSUNews/Events/2013-08-Mid-States-Fire-Conference
Visit our Links page for Links to FSIO, OSFA, OSU-FST and other websites and keep yourself updated on their upcoming events and access other helpful information! http://www.coft-oklahoma.org/links/